Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DIY candle stick holders


I have been getting everything all ready today for a beautiful Valentine's dinner. I was at Smiths getting the last minute finishing touches, including candle sticks, but they didn't have any holders. I headed to Walgreens thinking they should have something, but no such luck. I asked the cute lady that worked there if she had any creative ideas to display candles to save me from having to go to the dreaded Walmart.
She saved me! She said she'd heard of putting rice in mason jars and sticking the candle in there. I thought it was brilliant! Plus, it went along perfectly with the gift of gourmet candy in mason jars Andy left for me this morning! (see here)
I figured I could fancy them up a bit, I didn't want just plain white rice in there, so I dyed it pink and red. I have to say they turned out pretty darn cute for someone who really is not crafty to whip up last minute!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!