Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 9: Front Door

Front Door

My front door is very boring this time of year. I don't have a cute Valentine crafty thingy to hang, it's gloomy outside, and the door is probably covered in dust from the field across the street. So...I chose a picture of my front door with my three favorite little things in front of it.
Aren't these kids just precious?! This was the first day of school for the girls, and Kayman just HAD to be in the picture with them. So cute. These three gems are what I live for. They are the reason I work so hard and strive to become my best. They deserve a wonderful mother who can take very good care of them, so I try to be that each day.
I dive into the piles of coupons and cut away so I can afford enough food for these kids.
I work my butt off at the gym so I can be healthy for them.
I slave over the stove daily so I can provide healthy, well balanced meals (most of the time) for them.
I wash and fold mounds of laundry each week so they have clean clothes to wear every day.
I dust and mop and vacuum so they can have a clean place to live.
I pay far more library fees than necessary so they can have books to read and movies to watch. (Somebody please text me when my movies are due...over due fines are a beast!)
I fill my car with gas multiple times a month so I can drive these monkeys to all their activities where they learn life skills.
I pick up all kinds of random toys/clothes/shoes, etc. as I try to teach them to clean up after themselves.
I do all these things, and many more, because I love my children. I am so blessed to have them with me every day of my life. I treasure this time because, before I know it, it will be gone.

So, yeah, my front door is there, but what's most important is also there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!