Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 4

I started out the day with some yoga out by the beach. I haven't done yoga in a very long time because it usually hurts my back to do all that bending and twisting. The teacher here teaches Viniyoga, which is more of a restorative yoga. She is very good and explained all about how the stretching works. Most yoga instructors I have seen want you to see how far you can get the stretch to go, even if it hurts. You should not do that. You should stretch until your body is telling you to stop, then hold it there for a while to get that deep tissue stretch. Don't force anything. You will get more flexible in time, and if you do it right, you will prevent injuries in the future rather than cause them with yoga. I really loved her class! We did a hip opening class, which was great for me. My hips are very tight due to my scoliosis and lumbar problems. It felt wonderful to loosen up a bit, though it was pretty painful getting there!
After yoga we all got ready to go and headed into Lahaina for snorkeling! I just laid out on the beach, didn't feel like getting in the water because it was a little chilly and I knew I wouldn't warm up too well. (I thoroughly enjoyed reading my book on the beach.) Everyone said the snorkeling was beautiful. It's what Izzy decided to do, it was her birthday!
It was also Syd's birthday back home! She turned 7 today! My parents took good care of her. They got her a desk, balloons, a heart shaped pizza, and they had a party at their house with my sister and brother in law! I'm sure she will never forget the birthday her parents abandoned her for paradise, but her grandparents stepped up and gave her a wonderful day!
After the beach, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for a fun-filled evening we had planned. We reserved tickets for Warren and Annabelle's show.
Warren is very funny and tricks everyone with his sleight of hand magic tricks. He is incredible with the magic, and he is a wonderful comedian! If you ever get to Maui, I highly recommend this show, it's one on a kind. We laughed our guts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!