Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 1 in Paradise!

We got up at 3:45 a.m. to catch our 6:00 flight from SLC to LA, and then on to Maui. The flights were great and we ended up landing in Maui early, just before noon. After getting a quick bite to eat, we arrived at our hotel in Wailea, the Fairmont. They greeted us with a fresh leigh. It smells delicious!
Our rooms were not ready for us right away, so we changed into our suits and headed out to the beach. What a great place to wait. It was beautiful out there, and I loved lying in the sun.
Here is a picture of the view of the ocean from the hotel lobby:

My beach bag: I got this new bag at a store called Dancing Crane Imports that I just love! My bag contains the basic needs for the beach, candy, water, phone (to call the kids and check in) my book, and some sunscreen.







My feet in the sand. I am loving the sand between my toes, and I'm loving my silver toes. I also am loving my new silver nail polish. :)

This red flag indicated a high tide. Andy was happy to see this, because he LOVES to body surf. He went right out to the water and started playing. The waves were pretty big!
After lying on the beach for about an hour I decided to go walk around a little and take some pictures. I love the ocean. The sound of the waves roaring in the distance. The salt water pushing up the beach, sinking into the sand and then rushing back out to its body. The splashing against the jagged lava rocks that line the beach. It's such a surreal sound, and very beautiful to watch.
The palm trees in the distance tell me I am in paradise.
We went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant called Cafe O'Lei. The food was delectable! I haven't had such good food for a long time. I had a salad and Onion soup. Andy had garlic chicken pasta and a salad, and it was SO good! The rolls were the best I've ever had. It was the perfect way to end the day. Off to bed now for a very early morning. We are getting up at 3:30 a.m. for a sunrise bike ride. It should be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!