Tuesday, January 28, 2014

10/10?

I sort of hate the stigma of setting New Year's Resolutions, but I do it anyway.  I have a hard time with goal setting.  Well, it's more of the achieving part that I have trouble with, so I have set pretty attainable goals for this year.  Wanna hear them?


  1. Read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year.  Very attainable if I read just a few verses a day, especially if @bofm365 on Instagram tells me what to read every day :)
  2. Read 16 books this year.  15 books in addition to goal #1.  
  3. Exercise at least 3 times per week.  Unless I had surgery.  I'm hoping to get a lot more exercise in than this, but 3 times is my minimum.
  4. Attend the Temple.  Andy and I want to go together each month.
  5. Do something I have never done before.  I'm going out for Sushi this week...and I'm totally chicken.  I hope to do at least one new thing per month.  Mostly things I want to learn to do, like grow wheatgrass, make soap, become a master gardener, etc.
  6. Scuba dive again, cause I love it.  It's so surreal and lovely.
  7. Drink more water.  That means less Dr. Pepper, which is a huge sacrifice.
  8. Get out of my comfort zone.  I'll have to do this with my new calling at church (Provident Living) because I will have to ask people to do things, probably teach people things, and learn a lot of new things.  
  9. Nurture my relationships.  I have so many friends I love and adore so much that I rarely get a chance to be with.  I will put more effort into these relationships that I treasure, and I look forward to creating more.
  10. Go out of my way every day.  I want to make someone happy.  Every day.
There you have it.  My goals.  They are pretty general, most of them, but that will help keep me from becoming overwhelmed and giving up all together.  I will attain these goals.  I just will.
Here's to a fabulous 2014!!!

What are your resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!