Sunday, November 3, 2013

Autumn Love

We took a trip up Big Cottonwood Canyon a couple weeks ago to enjoy the beautiful colors of Autumn, a season that never lasts as long as I'd like it to.
 ^^My cute kiddos and their darling cousin Ava 

 ^^The stream looked so beautiful with those leaves peeking down over it.

 ^^Crossing the river on a log

 ^^The path to heaven :)
 ^^My spider monkey swinging from the branches.
 ^^This is a total personality shot of all three of my littles.

Look how bright the leaves are!

In years past, I always viewed Fall as the cooler days that only meant that winter was just around the corner.  It was not a pleasant time of year for me.  I always longed for summer to stay just a little longer because I am not a huge fan of winter.  Especially since it lasts at least 5 months here in Utah.

Now, I love Autumn!

Why the change?!

Last summer we moved to an older neighborhood with big mature trees surrounding us everywhere, and the colors of Autumn are vibrant and breathtaking.  Just on our property we have 5 large trees whose leaves of yellow, orange, and red dance to the ground for weeks.  It's a beautiful thing.  I do miss summer when it's gone, and I sort of dread the winter, but I thoroughly enjoy Fall now.  I see the hand of God in the beauty of His creations.

What's your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!