Friday, April 5, 2013

Arthroscopic Meniscectomy

We just can't seem to stay away from hospitals/instacare/dental offices, etc. around here!

Andy hurt his knee back in November when we were finishing up the construction on our house, and we were hoping it would feel better with time.  That didn't happen and I finally convinced him to go see a doctor.  We have an amazing Orthopedic Surgeon in our new ward, so I made an appointment with him for Andy to get checked out.  The verdict: A torn meniscus and Andy was to have knee surgery.  Today was the big day.

There is a good reason Andy has a sad face...
 He had to have his leg shaved!  Ha!  He didn't love this.  We realize there are plenty of men who shave their legs, but Andy has never been a huge fan of that.  He likes his legs manly.  Hairy.  Not soft and smooth like mine! :)
 One he got his IV placed, they put this lovely hat on him and took him back to the OR...

For some reason I was worried that things would not go well.  I'm not sure why I was so nervous, but I'm happy to say that everything turned out wonderfully.  There was a possibility that the damage in his knee was not only a torn meniscus, but possibly a fractured femur as well.  If that was the case, the bone would be screwed together and the recovery would be much more difficult.  

Dr. Cooley informed me about 20 minutes after Andy went back for surgery that it was finished, and only the meniscus was damaged.  The recovery will be quick and fairly painless!  Wahoo!
I am so grateful for modern medicine.  His knee was really hurting him, I'm glad that will be over once he heals from the surgery.

I got Andy his favorite soup for dinner, Chicken Tortilla Soup from Zupas.   It was delicious!  Then while he was sleeping I went out into the yard cut some flowers for him.  Ahhh, tender.  I know, what I should do is go get him so Peanut M&M's!
Maybe I'll shave his other leg while he is all drugged up.  Hehe!


1 comment:

  1. No fun :( Hope he feelS better Soon. I had Dr Cooley do my knee Surgery AlSo. I loved him! He'S a great Dr.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love your comments!