Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I know it is so cliche to write a Thanksgiving post about all I am thankful for, but this year I just cant stop myself. I have so much in my life that I don't deserve, but that I am very grateful to have been blessed with. Here are a few things:

My dear husband: Andy is the most loving man I have ever met. He is so gentle, thoughtful, caring and kind. He is my best friend. I have always known how amazing he is, but in this last month I have developed an all new appreciation for who he truly is. He loves me. He accepts me with all my craziness. He is the best father for our children. No, he is not perfect, as none of us are, but he is perfect for me. He knows me and my needs, and he does his best to meet them. He works countless hours to provide well for our family, then he comes home and serves us all. I do my best to make sure the home he comes home to is one he wants to return to for the rest of his days. We love him so much and are so grateful for all he is.

My children: I have three of the funniest, most energetic, lovable children I could have asked for. They all make me laugh every day. They love each other, play together, help out around the house, and our family would not be complete without each of them. I love the energy they bring to our house, even though I complain about it a lot. It is not always easy to deal with on days when I don't have a lot of patience, but I love how happy they all are and how much joy they bring to my life.

Family: My parents and siblings all live here in Salt Lake and it's wonderful! We get together fairly often, and we were able to have Thanksgiving all together. It was so much fun! We are also lucky enough to have Andy's parents and one of his sisters here. We see them quite often as well. I love getting together with family. For me, there is nothing better than spending time with those you love and who you know love you, talking, laughing, and making memories. Everyone gets along beautifully and I couldn't have asked for a better family! I know that sounds cheesy and unrealistic, but it really is true. We are all different and have our little quirks, but we can see past the differences and we all have great relationships.
Here we all are on Thanksgiving Day. My cute parents who do so much for each of us kids, my adorable husband who sacrifices every day for our family, my adorable kids and their bright smiling faces, my brother, his darling wife and their adorable little boy, and my sister with her husband and her soon to be baby boy. She is due Dec. 18, isn't she so cute pregnant?! I sure love all these people. They are amazing!

There are many other things I am grateful for, but family is the most important to me. Family and God. My relationship with God has been needing some improvement for a while, and I am finally getting myself closer to where I want to be. It takes a lot of work, but I am slowly getting stronger and more diligent in doing all that is required of me. I have so much to be thankful for, and I try to remember that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!