Friday, March 18, 2011

I got lucky!


St. Patrick's Day has never been a big celebratory holiday for me. I'm not Irish. I don't wear green clothes. I don't drink beer. I don't like making all my food green. I have never done anything more than wear enough green to keep me from getting pinched (which I don't mind so much anymore...hehe) on this special day.
This year my girls reminded me what a boring mom I am. They didn't get green breakfast, green things for lunch, leprechaun visits, not even sugar cookies (which I really meant to do, but never got to it) with green frosting. Oh well, it's just the kind of mom I am. They did, however, get healthy breakfast, rides to and from school, green shirts to wear to school, dance classes, delicious dinner, friends to play with, and a favorite babysitter of theirs. I think they still had an ok day.
So, the babysitter. She came over so Andy and I could go out and party hard...cause you all know what party animals we are. *cough*
Anywho...
I recently learned of a new band called The Neighbors, and they are phenomenal! It's a brother and sister, Adam and Rachel Kaiser, who both sing while playing two instruments each. They have a very unique sound, are very talented, and really know how to put on a show. You can check them out at their website, www.theneighbors-hood.com. They have a video of one of their best songs you should check out. It's amazing. And you can buy their songs on itunes. I recommend it.
Here they are:
So The Neighbors were playing at a place down town and we decided to go check them out live.
As we were talking and listening to the musicians who came on first (who left a lot to be desired), Adam and Rachel (The Neighbors) walked in and sat at the table next to us. I went over and introduced myself and we chatted for a bit. They are very friendly, and it was great to meet them! They finally went on at 11:15 (we got there at 9:00), and they were SO worth the wait! These two captured the attention of every person in the place within seconds. Their voices are clear and powerful, their dynamic and crescendos keep you on the edge of your seat, their creative beats and unique sounds, their connection with each other, and the huge smiles on their faces that show how much fun they are having all make this band my new favorite. They are very good at what they do and it's obvious that they love it.
I loved watching Rachel dance as she played the keyboard with so much personality. The best was when Adam was playing the drums with one hand, the keyboard with his other hand, and singing harmony at the same time like it was easy or something.
Incredible.
They have another show tonight that Andy and I are going to. They are opening for 2 other bands, The Vibrant Sound and Fictionist. I haven't heard much of The Vibrant Sound, though I am sure they are great, but I know Fictionist is very good and I can't wait to see them live. These are all local bands here in Utah. I'm amazed at the talent we have here, and it makes me so happy to see so many of them performing, perfecting their gifts, and entertaining me! :) I really miss the performing days. Sooooo, I'm gonna go downstairs and wail on my drums now...

*Oh, and the reason I say I got lucky (aside from finding new amazing music)...I won a massage! And a shirt! Yay! Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!