Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...(and 2nd and 3rd)

...??? gave to me: (a partridge in a pear tree)
A big bowl full of pears! I was so surprized to see this at our door Monday night and at first I thought for sure it was a mistake. I knew some friends were doing this for a neighbor and I figured they just got the wrong house. I didn't dare open it because I thought there was no way if was really for us. The next day I talked to my friend and she assured me that she got the right house when they delivered their 1st day gift, and it was not a bowl of pears. So this really was for us. I was so touched. I've had a hard time getting into the Spirit of Christmas this year, it just didn't feel like Christmas yet, but now it does. The service I see all around me has really softened my heart and am so full of love!
The second day of Christmas, ??? gave to me: (2 Turtle Doves)
2 bars of Dove soap and a box of Turtle chocolates! So yummy!
On the 3rd day of Christmas, ??? gave to me: (3 French Hens)
So today I got a text that said dinner was coming at 5:30 from our special elves. Can you imagine my joy! I didn't have to cook dinner tonight, it was being delivered to my door! What is better than that for a busy mom?! Not much, I can tell you that!
French bread (super yummy) and homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! Oh my, it was SO yummy! It really hit the spot on this cold winter day.
I have never heard of a 12 days of Christmas going all out like this! It's not just simple little things, they have really put a lot of thought and energy into this. I am so appreciative of this. It came at the perfect time for me, I really needed the boost this has given me. Thank you whoever you are! I love you! My family is grateful for you and your service!!!
What wonderful friends we have. So much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!