Sunday, October 24, 2010

Play Dough

I, for the first time ever, made home made play dough! I always wanted to try it and I remember my mom making it all the time when I was a kid, but I never dared venture out and actually do it. Jessica's teacher at school asked me to make it for their classroom for one of their centers.
So, here is the play dough cooking in the pan...
...and here it is all squished up and smoothed out. It turned out perfect! It was super easy to make and the kids had a blast playing with it. I broke off a little bit for Jess and Kayman to play with.
They played with it for about an hour! It was great. I will probably make it again, and next time I will have to put some food coloring in and make it a little more fun.

Directions to make play dough

4 cups flour

1 cup salt

4 cups water

4 tablespoons oil

1/2 cup cream of tartar

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook and stir over low/medium heat until play dough is completely formed and no longer sticky. Allow to cool slightly before storing in an air tight container or zip lock bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love your comments!