Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Jessica!

Jessica turned 4 today! She has been so excited to be 4. For some reason, it is just so much better than 3! She is very excited to go to preschool in a few months and start doing things her big sister is doing. In February, right before Syd's birthday, Syd kept talking about going to Chucky Cheese's for her birthday, and she ended up choosing Boondocks when the day actually came. Ever since then, Jess has been saying that she is going to have her birthday party at
Chucky Cheese's. I couldn't let her down.

Here are the kids being themselves, after LOTS of sugar...if you couldn't tell!
Kayman got to play a little ball and couldn't have been happier! He loves to play ball!
The girls played lots of games and rode lots of little rides together.
Jess chose the party hat cake pan at the store the other day. This was my first attempt in decorating a cake in a creative way. She chose the colors and I did my best. I could use a little practice, so it looks like this may be the traditional birthday cake from now on!
Jess is the sweetest little girl. She is still very into princesses and dressing up. (She slept in her Cinderella dress last night!) Her gift from Andy and me was a Princess vanity for her room, and she was sitting at it all day long! She loves to put on make-up, paint her nails, and dress pretty. It is rare when she doesn't have a skirt on.

Jess loves to sing songs she has learned at church and on movies. She doesn't like to be caught singing too often, she gets a little shy. Jess is a funny girl who makes me laugh every single day. She even makes me laugh when she is in trouble. She knows just the right face to pull at just the right time to get off the hook. It's hard to discipline when she does that, but somehow I manage. :)

I am so lucky to have Jess in my home. She is a wonderful child. She is happy and energetic and very creative. I love her originality and unique personality. She likes it when I lie down with her at night and the talks we have are hilarious. I learn a lot about her during this special time with her. I admire her and try to be as carefree as she is. Happy Birthday Jess! We love you!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jess! The cake is super cute, Steph. Do you have the Chuck E Cheese birthday sone stuck in you head? I sang that song for months after my nephew's birthday there.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love your comments!